I registered my child with MSB but something came up in we can't play this season. Can I get a refund?
What is the in-person registration date?
All of our online and in-person registration dates will be posted on our homepage shortly before and during registration. Registration for Outdoor soccer starts in January and for Indoor soccer, starts in August.
How do I pay?
We accept the following payment methods:
- Credit Card (plus a ~3% surcharge for processing). Credit Card payments may be made in full or split into periodic instalments.
- E-transfer sent directly to email@example.com with the player name in the memo field.
- Cheques mailed immediately after registration to:
MSB United Soccer Club
300 - 8120 Beddington Blvd NW
Calgary, AB T3K 2A8
- Kidsport or Jumpstart applications. (Please notify the treasurer if you are making applications for funding and then forward your acceptance email to the treasurer once you receive notifications from those organizations.)
I have a credit from the 2020 Outdoor season cancellation. How do I use it?
What is MSB Academy?
What if I can't afford to put my child in soccer?
What if I missed the registration deadline?
You can register late, but after the CMSA deadline you will be required to pay an additional $50. Players may be put on a waiting list if their registration package is received after the regular season registration deadline. Your child’s position on that list is determined by the date upon which we receive all registration forms and fees. If your child is placed on a team, you will be contacted by an Age Group Coordinator. The MSB refund policy will apply – if your child is not placed on a team, you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
What if I can't remember the position my child played on his/her team last year?
Not a problem, that information is optional along with jersey/short sizes.
My child is ready to play in a higher age group than the age-appropriate one. Can he/she move up to the next age group?
Your child will be automatically registered in the appropriate age group. You may indicate in the comments section at time of registration that you would like your child to play up one age group but depending on registrants will determine if your play up is granted. Additional fees would be collected after player placement if required. The child will evaluate in the age group according to their age.
When will tryouts be held?
MSB United has decided to replace the traditional team tryouts format, with a more holistic approach.
Placement of players on MSB United teams is determined by gender, age, number of players in that specific age group, player report cards from previous seasons (returning players), end of season team evaluations provided by technical team, and new players joining the club.
The team formation process involves the following steps:
- Players register with the club for the upcoming season.
- Returning players are temporarily placed on their teams from the previous season, while new players will be temporarily placed in age appropriate training groups.
- Players stay in their training groups until the CMSA preseason team registration deadline. During this time, head coaches and the MSB United Academy Team will review player report cards from the previous season (for returning players), and also evaluate returning and new players in training sessions.
- Players are now temporarily placed on their teams for the duration of the CMSA preseason. During this time, players are constantly evaluated by their coaches and Academy Team to ensure their initial placement was accurate.
- Last piece of our team formation process is finalizing the rosters for the CMSA regular season. At this stage, players may be moved to a higher/lower tier based on their performance in training sessions and games during the CMSA preseason.
How do I get my child a CMSA Player Card?
YOUR CHILD CANNOT PLAY WITHOUT A CARD FOR U11 AND OLDER.
Check calgaryminorsoccer.com to determine if your child requires a Player Card.
If he/she needs a Player Card, check the CMSA website for dates and times.
If he/she played for another club then the previous coach should have returned your child’s Player Card to you at the end of their last season.
If your child is a returning player, it is your responsibility to ensure that your son/daughter retrieved their Player Card from their last coach.
If you cannot find your child’s Player Card, you MUST replace it through CMSA at your own expense. NOTE: If you do not return your child’s jersey, we will hold onto your child’s card until the jersey is returned and submit the players name to CMSA preventing registration with any club.
I don't have my child's CMSA number. Do I need it?
Your child’s CMSA number is found on their Player Card. All CMSA numbers for returning MSB players have been entered into the CMSA system. If your child has played for a different soccer club and is moving to MSB, copy the CMSA number off his/her Player Card to the MSB Registration Form and our Registrar will initiate a club transfer. New players are not required to provide a CMSA number on their Registration Form.
Do I need to sign a waiver?
YES, All players must have consented to the CMSA waiver form by a parent or guardian before participating in league play. CMSA waiver forms will be emailed after team placement to become eligible to play. Please check your junk mail regularly. Waiver forms must be signed each year. They do not carry over to the next season.
Do I need to pay for the Jersey Deposit in advance?
No. However, the jersey deposit is held until the jerseys are to be returned. As per the policy, if there is missing jerseys or damaged jerseys, you will then be charged the deposit fee to replace the jersey. If you do NOT pay or payment is declined, your child will be put on a Do Not Release list and will remain there until payment is completed. Why the deposit? Every year MSB pays a-lot of money for lost or damaged jerseys, we simply can not fund this unnecessary expense. Jerseys are refreshed as required via our Equipment coordinator to insure that players are given the highest quality jerseys.
I need a tax receipt. Where do I find that?
As of the 2017 tax year, the Canada Revenue Agency phased out the child fitness tax credit, therefore eliminating the requirement to provide tax receipts. If you require a copy of your receipt, you will need to login to your TeamSnap account on a desktop computer (not on the mobile app), scroll down to "My Registrations" and under the payments section there will be a link to your receipt for that player for that season.